Monday, October 21, 2013

Weight Loss Blog: Days 19-21: Repetition

I tell you what....Most days I sit around and wonder what I'm going to do. And then all of a sudden, my job breaks out and bombards me with a million things at once and I find myself taking and editing pictures for 3 days straight. I LOVE it though :)

It just makes for some blog neglect. lol

Over the past few days- amidst the the turbulence of my fluctuating weight, I've realized something about my body. Repetition is what helps me succeed.

Here's what I know works: I have my protein shake for breakfast, I don't snack until lunch, I eat a lunch of under 300 calories, I allow myself 200 calories of snacks in the afternoon, and then for dinner- I eat under 500 calories (which is a good size meal), and then if there is enough left, I *might allow one more snack.
With in this time frame, I partake in my herbals. 3 capsules for breakfast, 5 capsules for lunch, 3 capsules for dinner. I also do my exercising in the afternoon- after lunch- for 1-2 hours. (this varies because it totally depends on baby's nap) And the final thing: I NEVER eat after 8pm and I NEVER eat more than 1300 calories.

So.... when I find myself going off that schedule, my body reacts- typically... in the form of adding horrendously HUGE numbers to the scale. (because anything going UP... is horrendously huge)

I think the 2 biggest factors for me are eating more than my allotted calories and eating after 8. Those 2 things have triggered my body to either not lose weight or to gain weight every single time.

I have a word of advice: use a schedule. Use repetition. And mostly, record everything. If you record it, you'll find the patterns of what you see helps you to succeed and what things smack you up side the head and kick you in the butt.

And because I've waited several days to post, I'm running out of useful things to say. So I'll leave you with numbers and a reminder that even though I've had bad days and good days, I've still managed to stay on track. So DON'T GIVE UP!!! You'll see results, regardless of what the scale says.  Just wait until I post my totals tomorrow for my 3 week mark! :)

Fridays Weight: 167.6
Saturdays Weight: 166.2 (yay!)
Sunday's Weight: 167.4 (ugh)
Today's Weight: 167.2



No comments:

Post a Comment