Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weight Loss Blog: Day 9: Jammin' Out

I am my fathers daughter. I love entertainment. Give me games, a party, music, movies, etc any day of the week and I will be a happy girl.

I thought I'd take a little break today and discuss something fun. My music!!!  Being that I grew up a dancer with a dance major for a mother, and both parents who grew up in homes where music was religion, I too endured the amazing times of Abba, Beatles, and my all time fav- the 80's! This is def going to be me:
One fun thing about my family is that no matter where we are or what the situations is, we will all break out in song during any random conversation, just because a few words triggered it. And what's sad (or awesome) is that we usually all sing the same song. It really is that awesome.....and fun. Something like this:
ALL.THE.TIME. lol

When I'm running/walking on my treadmill or just working out in general, it's imperative that I listen to music. I seriously think I'm incapable of working out without it. So for kicks- I'm going to list the songs I have on my Ipod now for workouts. They are all upbeat, they have varying beats (which I love because I typically walk/run to the beats- call it the dancer in me), and it makes the time go by faster when I make mini goals during each workout relating to said music. ie "I'll jog this entire song", or "I'll walk the next 2 songs and then run on the 3rd". Plus- most of the time I end up belting out whatever song is playing, which I believe gives me a greater workout (or just makes me breathe a lot harder lol).

Here's part of my list:

Live While We're Young- One Direction
I Got A Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
Party Rock Anthem- LMAO
Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepson
If I Had You- Adam Lambert
Dancing Queen- Abba
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction
Sail Away- Enya (The Dubsteb Remix)- Its way cool!
Some Nights- Fun
Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
Put A Ring On It- Beyonce
Everybody Talks- Neon Trees
Walking On Air- Katy Parry
Hungry Like The Wolf- American Idol Edition from David Cook
Firework- Katy Perry
We Are Young- Fun
Best Song Ever- One Direction
Drive By- Train
Payphone- Maroon 5
Love You- Selena Gomez
The Sweet Escape- Gwen Stefani
Want U Back- Cher Lloyd
Roar- Katy Perry
We Found Love- Rhianna
Say Hey-Michael Franti
Bulletproof- La roux
Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
I'm A Believer- Smashmouth
Raise Your Glass- Pink
We Built This City- Starship
Brave- Sara Bareilles
You Make My Dreams Come True- Hall and Oats


So now you have a taste of my eclectic mix- all of it completely fabulous. :)
Now...ROCK ON!

Yesterdays Weight: 168.8
Today's Weight: 168.6

1 comment:

  1. Since you mentioned that you run to the beat, I'm going to offer one more piece of unsolicited goodness that revolutionized my running music playlist: http://www.beatunes.com/itunes-automatic-bpm-detection.html. There is a column in iTunes for the beats per minute on songs, but it's blank. This link will sync with your iTunes and populate that column, so you can choose music based on the pace. I figured out which songs have a pace that I run best to, and then I filled my playist with songs I like that are the same/close to the same BPM. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete