Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weight Loss Blog: Day 8: Frustrations

Today is one of those days. A day when I reach a point where I just want to snap. I'm only one week into my weight loss journey and I expected that days like these would happen.
So many things come to mind when I think of everything I've endured to lead me to where I am right now. The good, the bad, the happy, the sad (isn't that a song? lol).

I tend to speak and act on my emotions and I know that it's something that has helped aid my weight gain. I now have to train myself to react in a way that won't be detrimental. It's been hard today- I'll admit- to not want to just crawl back in bed and eat all the snacks I want. But I've stayed strong and have been sticking to my calorie intake.

So what to do when I get like this? I know that exercise could be a very viable option and I've heard that exercise also helps get all that gunky emotional crap out....but I still have no desire to do it. (maybe thats the reason it needs to happen?)

I need to come up with something that will help me through the frustrating days. I need to find the motivation to keep me from sinking back into my comfort zone and going back to what I know. I am NOT a self- motivator. I've always tried and always fail when it comes to stuff where I have to stay self motivated. So how am I doing it now? Well- doing this blog for one keeps me on task. I know that I have to post once a day and if I have nothing to post, or worse, have failures to post.. I know it will only make my journey that much harder.

I've always use humor to deal and this is no different. I can usually find something funny in all things to lighten the mood or turn something ugly to something nice. So in the spirit of me and the struggles I face today, the pajama pants that I'm still in, and my poor children who will have to face the wrath of their crazy mother, I leave you with this:

And one bit of good news:
Today marks my 1 week mark and I am down 3.6 lbs and 2 inches on my waist!!! And THAT is cause to not be as sad. :)

Yesterdays Weight: 168.6
Today's Weight: 168.8

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girl. It's okay to have bad days, just don't get down on yourself and turn it into a bad streak. Tomorrow is a different day, completely independent from today. As long as you have more good days than bad days on average, you're winning.

    Do you have any books that you really like? I have some books on tape and podcasts that I LOVE but I won't let myself listen to them except while I'm running. It helps me on the days I have no desire to run, but I really want to know what happens next in the story. I can tell you which ones I use, but the thing that makes it work so well for me is that it's really interesting TO ME. Just a thought. I know you've tried a zillion things, but what always works best for me is distracting my brain from the fact that I'm making my body do something it doesn't want to do. You have to know yourself well enough to know what will be an adequate distraction, and there may be some trial and error, but it makes a big difference once you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I don't want to work out I watch Kelly and Michael. It makes it so easy to run and time just flies. I also enjoy reading people.magazine while I run. Love you! If I lived closer I would work out with you. Maybe you need go find a workout buddy....

    ReplyDelete