Thursday, October 10, 2013

Weight Loss Blog: Day 10: The "Baby Belly"

I've had 5 kids. I've gone full term and delivered every single one of them without complications.
Lucky for me- with all my beautiful babes, I also ended up with a beautiful baby belly to show for it :)

Bless little kids' hearts, but they are brutally honest- whether you want them to or ask them to be. And often times, it's hurtful to hear. But out of the mouths of babes.....there's no room for lying. So when my son says "Mom, your fat" or "why is your belly so big", it's  a hard lesson to learn while you're trying to teach your kids to keep their mouths shut! lol

Then you have people like my husband.  He's not the skinniest guy around either and he says he wants to do this thing with me ( he even suggested we name the blog The Heavy Housewife and Chubby Hubby) but has yet to be able to quit those things he loves so much (aka food and soda). Anyway- he loves his weight and himself that I admire him. He jokes around about his weight all the time. (it must be a guy thing). He'll walk into the room and say something like "You diggin this? Cuz this is all lovin' right here" (while rubbing his belly) lol. He's a nut and I love him for it. Sometimes I'll play along.. on his behalf, but I can never play along using my body as a thing for joking. I guess you could say that because I have poor body image, that's one thing I haven't found funny....nor have I found anything to laugh at. So I'll laugh at my husband :)- This reminded me of him- but it VERY easily apply to me as well- I should learn to lighten up on myself.

I've heard from several people that the baby belly aka the muffin top, is one of the hardest things to get rid of. It's something I haven't experienced NOT having in over 13 years. So I'm bound and determined to reach that goal. I've tried the crunches, I've tried different ab workouts, but there is an underlying cause to why women have such a hard time losing the baby belly all together. It's called Diastasis- and for us dumber folk- the separation of the abdominal muscles. Most of the time, it's recommended that you visit a physical therapist and have them check how bad your diastasis is, because it's highly likely that each person needs a specified and personal workout regime to attack that separation. Most of us don't have access or money to a physical therapist. Like me- I get to rely on the good ole' internet and do the research to help myself (and oddly enough, help you too!)

So I was led to one of my favorite people...Dr Oz. I watched this clip and love the gentle exercises his personal trainer recommends using to close that icky gap and get your abs back. (and according to them.. it's actually doable- which I have yet to believe). So watch this clip and see what you think

I think that his routine is something that I will be incorporating into my daily exercises. Unless I attach the problem, then my dream body will never come- no matter how many crunches I do. (which... it's said that crunches are actually BAD for diastasis)

So there ya have it folks- attack that baby belly/muffin top and get your abs back!

Yesterday's Weight: 168.6
Today's Weight: 167.8

No comments:

Post a Comment