Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shakeology- the Unbiased Review



There are fads in the diet industry...we all know that. I've tried so many of them- I've lost count. Some have worked.. most haven't.
I was leery about trying yet another one of them, but I have a lot of friends that have been using this stuff and have REAL results. So I decided to give it a try. Knowing that I just finished my first tub of powder (yes... it was seriously a tub lol) it couldn't hurt to try another one. I had results with the protein powder and it didn't bother me that it was a meal replacement. In fact- I enjoyed it.

During my day- I have a food routine. I have 2 meals I like for breakfast, I have very few things I like for lunch, and I enjoy a really good meal at the end of the day. So I opted to replace my lunch- since I don't like it anyway. Most of my snacking takes place between lunch and dinner- so if I can replace a meal and have it fill me up... then I"ll eat less.

On to Shakeology. Having it replace a meal is perfect. I get so full from drinking it, that I literally have NO DESIRE to eat for at least 3-4 hours. It's amazing.
So here's my review:

I don't appreciate that you have to "sign up" to be a participant in the beach body program to get this stuff. You can pay $15 in shipping (which is ridiculous) OR, you can opt to do the auto ship program where it takes the shipping down to $2. Just be careful if you only want one month- make sure you cancel the autoship before the next month so you aren't charged. You are then assigned a "coach" that will be in contact with you to help you on your beach body journey.
Now.... For most people- it's probably not a big deal. But for me... I want to simply try a product. I don't want to be sucked in to any program or be accountable to anyone but me (and my husband lol). I don't want to have tips and tricks sent to my email. So it's been kind of annoying- although... it hasn't been excessive- so I guess it's not all bad.

When I got the package (which came in less than a week)- I was so excited to try it! I had read reviews, I had read that people thought it tasted horrible and that you have to  use "recipes" to make it drinkable lol. So that was exciting. I wasn't about to try it without blending other things in it.

The recipe I decided to go with was mixing it with 1 banana and 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter. I got excited, put it all in the blender and what happened? MY BLENDER BROKE!!! Luckily- my grandma stepped in and let me borrow hers until I could get a new one.

Finally got it all mixed and it was gross! Seriously... I almost had to gag it down. But because I've heard good things, I'm willing to stick with it.

Day 2: I changed it up and did the banana, about a tsp of vanilla, and then some cinnamon. That was my magic right there. It was good! It covered up most of the yucky taste and I didn't have to gag it down this time.

Since then- I've used the same recipe- I've added a little but of sugar to sweeten it up a bit- but it's acutally good and I look forward to having it every day.

NOW- the results haven't shown me anything spectacular yet. (I've been doing it for a week) I have lost another pound (yay!) but that's been my average since I started this thing anyway.
However.... it is delivering what it's promised. I feel better. I have more energy. I'm eating less crap. And that has to say something.

Actually... now that I think about it- it has helped more than I thought! I've had to go through 2 birthdays in the last week and through eating all that cake- I've still lost weight! So there!!! lol

I'd recommend trying this if it's something you want to commit to. It's expensive. So I'd say save up and try it for the 30 days (which is one pack). If you feel it's worth it.. then continue on. For me... Although I enjoy it and I feel results- I can't justify spending the money for it.

I'll stick to what I've been doing so far- because so far... it's been working :) And this is truly how I feel...

Last Weight: 160
This week: 159.6
Down 13 lbs total!!


No comments:

Post a Comment